Saturday, May 4, 2013

Gatsby

 I am just so so so anxious for the movie "The Great Gatsby"! I really enjoyed reading the book, and I think F. Scott Fitzgerald is an amazing writer and author to say the least. The movie comes out on May 10th, which is just five short days! 
One of the aspects of the movie that I'm most excited for is the actors. It's definitely no secret that Leonardo DiCaprio is one of the best looking male actors out there, and I think he has the perfect personality for playing Jay Gatsby. Gatsby's love interest in the story is Daisy Buchanan, played by Carey Mulligan. I think that Carey has such a whimsical feel to her, and I can't wait to see how she plays Daisy's role. With DiCaprio by her side, she's definitely one lucky girl.















The soundtrack is of course amazing as well. The whole thing isn't available on YouTube yet, but here is a sample. My favorite song by far is "Love is Blindness" by Jack White. It's just so intense and passionate, just like the actual story!
I know a lot of people are hosting Gatsby parties and such, and even though I won't be going to any or hosting one, here is what I would wear:

My favorite color is pink, so naturally I am in love with this pink fringe. This dress is pretty out-there, but could still be worn for modern day cocktail parties if you're daring enough.















The detailing in this dress is just exquisite. It has such glamour and elegance, I think I would die if I got the chance to wear this!























Are you excited for the movie? What did you think of the book?

Stay Peachy!
















No comments:

Post a Comment